Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feds indict poker sites, seize domains

Illegal gambling, money laundering, bank fraud charges

The founders of three internet's largest gambling sites have been indicted and charged with bank fraud, money laundering and illegal gambling.

Eleven individuals have been charged in total by the US Department of Justice with running operations that violated the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.


The authorities have so-far arrested three individuals, all US citizens, and are working with international law enforcement agencies to arrest a further eight US citizens and foreign nationals in connection with the charges.

The individuals face a range of charges with different prison sentences and fines, while the US is also seeking at least $3bn held by the companies.

The feds have seized five domain names and freezing 76 accounts in 14 counties.

According to New York's US Attorney's Office, the companies operated in contravention of the 2006 act on unlawful gaming.

Authorities say those indicted disguised money from US gamblers as payments to hundreds of non-existent online merchants selling items like jewelry and golf balls.



18 commentaires:

ribar said...

intersting

freightblog said...

thats really hard...

C Mo Gunz said...

i just heard about this. you explained it well! nice blog, followed!

Fugazi said...

Wow they sure dont like not getting paid tax money huh.

Mike Litoris said...

great post !

Ke3user said...

Shit. No more poker for us.

Lich said...

This is bullshit, I have money stuck there.

Lucas said...

scam artist.

Ambi said...

I wonder which sites are affected

XPSMcLaren said...

I really do think as a society, financial criminals are worse than violent ones. A murder kills a person, and is caught and punished. An embezzler takes everything you've ever worked for away, and its not just you, it is entire companies worth of people losing everything.

Mister Bhudda said...

Wow! I'm with Ambi on this, i'd like to know who's guilty

Anonymous said...

Damn what a bummer, I used to use full tilt back in the day.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe this is true! Good post

Caduceus said...

I find it interesting that the US government decides to do this when it's neck deep in financial woes.

Blog Hunt said...

what a bummer!

Clint Mullins said...

Can they actually just shut this shit down when people have money in it?

Gambling Degenerate said...

so weakkk! i play on pokerstars and on fulltilt...not anymore! check out my blog ill be posting on it this week too and how its affecting my account

Anonymous said...

Gοod ԁay I am ѕo delighted I found yοur blοg pagе,
I rеаlly found you by accident, while I was seaгсhing on Askjeеve for something else, Regardlеss I am here noω аnd would just lіke
to say thanks a lοt for а marvelous ρost and а all rоund еnteгtaining blog (I alsо loνe the theme/ԁesign),
I don’t have time to browsе it all at the mοment but I hаve book-marκed it
anԁ alѕο aԁԁеd
yοur RSS feeds, so whеn I hаve time ӏ wіll be bacκ to
read moгe, Pleasе dο kеep up the awеѕоme jо.
Feel free to surf my web blog ... forex day trading software

Post a Comment